Friday, February 19, 2010

Grandma's Prayers

Yesterday at Women's Bible Study,most of us shared a song that exalted our Lord declaring as David, God's awesome love, majesty and power. God had placed a different type of song on my heart, it reflected my burden and new found commitment to God's plan of:

"A new revival even as we pray and sing,
we're on our knees,
we're on our knees,
I see a generation raising up to take it's place,
the whole world sings,
the whole world sings,
Hosanna, Hosanna,
glory in the highest."

Last night only hours after I'd declared my faith in what I expected God was going to do, our phone rang...
"Hello! Hi grandma? High doll what's up?
Do you remember when I was really little, you and grandpa gave mom some Savings Bonds to hold for me until I was an adult? Yes of course. Well mom said I should call and tell you how I will be using them, that it would mean a lot to you.
The church is putting together a group for a missions trip to Africa in two months. Because they know how much I love children and how outgoing I am, they asked me to be part of the team and I am going to use the bonds to help fund the trip.
I really feel God has been calling me to maturity. There are some things I have really been wanting to buy for our home, but I distinctly knew the Lord was saying, remember those children in Africa who don't even have food? And you have so much! Do you really think you need that? I felt like it was a little spanking to help Him get through to me."
I said, "Sweetheart, He wasn't spanking you. He is only beginning what will turn into a life long class of lovingly teaching you."
She is 25 and the oldest grandchild. She uses FaceBook to display hundreds of photos taken of her, she has been desperate to be a photo model! Before that the photos were all of her partying with her friends, as though she was defying all the righteous truths she had ever been taught to embrace. The worst thing seemed to be her influence on our younger grandchildren, who were following her as if she were the Pied Piper and I thought my heart would break.

BUT THEN GOD BROKE THROUGH WITH HIS PLANS!
Of course she has NO idea what he is really doing, or how many ways He will use this trip. But I know Him! And I know He's up to something BIG, that's going to impact lives for eternity.
I can only sing, "Hosanna, hosanna, glory in the highest, glory in the highest!" I know He is mightily at work answering prayers!!!
Of course her mom is right, Grandpa and I could never have imagined that God would use the Savings Bonds for this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment