Thursday, February 4, 2010

Faithful High Priest

Hebrews 2:17-18

So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people's sins. For because He Himself [in His humanity] has suffered in being tempted (tested and tried), He is able [immediately] to run to the cry of (assist, relieve) those who are being tempted and tested and tried [and who therefore are being exposed to suffering].

I don't know why, but it is of such great comfort that Jesus knows what I go through. Not only that, but He comes to my rescue and makes a way for me to move past the trials and temptations of life. This version (amp) states that it was essential for Him to be like us in every respect (except without sin). I am so thankful that He really really knows and understands what it is like for us as we struggle. I am so thankful that I can cry out to One who can relate, One who hears and One who rescues. You and You alone, O LORD, are worthy of any and all worship and praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment