Monday, January 25, 2010

From Strength to Strength

God, your faithfulness and your strength have carried me through the Valley of Baca.

When the heat threatened and I thought I would die of thirst, living water from your streams of love sustained me.
When the journey sapped what little strength I had and I thought I couldn't take another step, you carried me in your arms.
When my hope was gone and I couldn't see anything but darkness, you brought a glimmer of light to keep me going.

You have lifted this weary pilgrim from strength to strength and there is no doubt that you, O Lord, are the living Christ!
Your have renewed my heart day after day and year after year and I have confidence that when my journey ends I will stand before you in Zion, radiant and unashamed.

Ps. 34:4-5 I sought the LORD and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment